Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fellow yoga enthusiasts

this is my first blog and I am so excited to be taking yoga to another level. I love discussing yoga with fellow students and teachers and getting more insight into how others live a yogic lifestyle.

I am now finishing up my 500 hours and am overwhelmed with the possibilites that are before me. I find that this can keep me very scattered and unsure as to what direction to take. Thank goodness for yoga. Of course, my yoga practice is scattered too so to help on and off the mat. Finding a practice that works for me was essential. Although I teach and I do yoga quite often I am not thinking of it in regards to myself, so as a teacher I notice I need to do a solid yoga asana practice twice a week. These are never the same length of time but I am always focusing on something for myself. The other days if my body is up for it I do asana, meditation and breathing. I also enjoy a good walk or run. Yoga is also experiencing many things and taking in the present moment. I also tune into myself and get inspired on walks many times in the form of what asana I would like to do when I arrive home. There is always something to explore!!

1 comment:

@MuseLaura said...

What lovely thoughts! Thank you for sharing. YogaLaura