Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bringing new insight to practice

Happy Spring, This is an opportune time to step back into my blog, with spring here and my focus on my own practice shifting it is a perfect time to share. As a teacher I physically do so many movements all week, that when I get to my mat, I find I do mostly restoratives. Recently, though I knew I needed something differant and started turning to some new, at least new to me, practices. I reached out for a couple of books and began reading, coming upon the bandhas. What a wonderful place to begin again. Bringing a practice, of mula bandha breath, uddiyana bandha and jalandara bandha as my focuses, it has changed my practice. I also started looking at a pose that I had never seen before and broke it down to experience it: kandasana, what a wonderful pose!
More on the bandhas in my next post. Peace and Light, Denise

No comments: