Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finding our Dharma or purpose

I think this is a topic that many of us struggle with everyday. I for one would like to have a greater purpose in the world, make my contribution for a better world and help others. Sometimes day to day, this over all sense of purpose can get lost. In my yoga practice, asking for my purpose each day is a way to stay focused, standing in Mountain pose and closing my eyes and asking to receive my Dharma or purpose for that day helps immensely, all I have to do is listen. At the end of my practice I ask again, this opens and closes my practice, it can also give my practice intention for that day.I don't always know what I am going to do before coming to my mat, but once I am there, it always comes to me whatever I need, and whatever I need to take with me. If you have ideas from your practice I would love to hear them! Namaste'

No comments: