Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pose 2, Childs Pose, Balasana

What better pose to choose than this! Doing childs pose everyday is very centering, calming and the ultimate in letting go. If I have days I am having trouble turning within, I natually avoid this pose. As soon as you are there, turning within is so automatic. Taking that deep breath, and feeling the back and front body soften and let go. What a perfect time, to ask what my Dharma is for the day? How do I proceed from the mat.

Ways to modify: arms by your heels, hold your hands, hook hands over heels, support your sitbones if the stretch is too much for your back, blanket under forhead if it is too hard to bring forhead to the floor. Find a way to prop so that you are completely comfortable. Also, a chair, folding forward, sit bones firmly down.

I hope these few things help, enjoy your childs pose. Namaste'

No comments: